Help us raise 1000 toys and books for disadvantaged children this Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner, and to celebrate the beautiful season of giving, Coronis has partnered with The Smith Family to spread the joy of the festive season to hundreds of children by supporting the 2019 Toy & Book Appeal.
Following on from the success of the 2017 campaign, our team really felt the spirit of giving and surpassed the original goal by collecting 1000 toys and books using our network of 26 offices located across Brisbane, Toowoomba, the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Coronis Chief Operating Officer Karuna Dimelow said if every member of our Coronis family donates even one or two presents, we would be nearly halfway towards our goal.
“Our teams are embedded within our communities on the daily, so this is just a small way we can give back and help bring the magic of Christmas to disadvantaged families,” she said.
“This year, our goal is to raise 1000 gifts and books, and we’d like to invite all of our buyers, sellers, tenants, and landlords to participate and spread the season of giving by bringing an unwrapped gift to one of our 26 offices over the next month.
“All of our offices will put up Christmas trees early to welcome all of the gifts until 5 December, we will then deliver them to The Smith Family’s wonderful volunteers to hand out to the community.”
The Smith Family General Manager for Queensland, Alan Le May, said he was greatly appreciative of Coronis’ participation and looked forward to seeing the final collection of presents.
“At this time of the year we at The Smith Family turn our attention from supporting the education of disadvantaged children, to making sure they can share in the simple joys of Christmas,” Mr Le May said.
“It is always great to see local companies supporting disadvantaged families in Queensland.
“Every year, we are making sure that families are included in the excitement of giving and receiving gifts. Such a central part of the Christmas experience does not always happen when money is short for the essentials.
“I would like to thank Coronis for their involvement this year and for their support engaging the community in our Toy & Book Appeal.”
We will be running the Toy and Book Appeal from 4 November - 5 December. Donations of toys and books can be dropped off at any Coronis offices located at:
- Arana Hills - Shop 13-14/2 Patricks Road
- Aspley / Bridgeman Downs, Albany Creek - 613a Robinson Road
- Bracken Ridge / Pine Rivers - Corner Gawain Rd & Lavaine St
- Burpengary - Shop 9/166 Station Road
- Caloundra / Mooloolaba / Aura - 9 Nicklin Way
- Coomera - Shop 2/2 Fortune Street
- Coorparoo / Bulimba / Bayside - 211 Old Cleveland Rd
- Forest Lake / Springfield Lakes - Shop 3b/235 Forest Lake Boulevard
- HQ / Stafford / Hamilton - 532 Lutwyche Road
- Kelvin Grove / Toowong - 208 Kelvin Grove Road
- North Lakes / Redcliffe / Murrumba Downs - 9/5-7 Discovery Drive
- Springwood / Sunnybank - Suite 1, 3374 Pacific Highway
- Toowoomba - 1C The Mills Precinct, 275-279 Ruthven St