The one place for all your conveyancing solutions
transparent and competitively priced fixed-fee* services with no strings attached and no surprises
comprehensive, full professional service offering for all conveyancing needs in the one place
direct lines of communication to your personal support person for a smooth transition
legal protection and support for on-time, stress-free settlement of your purchase or sale
When you’ve found the one, we’re the one
Whether you’re buying property for investment, or discovering your dream home and making it your own, we’re here to help. When you’ve found the one you want, we’re the one you need: with our full-service conveyancing suite, we can support you to turn your biggest financial commitment into your best investment.
What we do for our buyers:
When you’re selling one, we’re the one
We’re here to take care of you throughout the whole process of transitioning to the end of your investment. When it’s time to move on, we have the resources you need to get the best possible return on your property and to start a new life on the other side of your biggest financial commitment.
What we do for sellers:
- All work associated with selling your property (with the exception of any legal disputes that may arise)
- A direct line of communication with a highly skilled and experienced Conveyancing Manager
- Liaising with your Agent, Financier and the Buyer’s Solicitor
- Calculating all settlement adjustments and distributing your settlement proceeds
- Keeping you informed throughout the duration of your sale
- All work associated with buying your property (with the exception of any legal disputes that may arise)
- Conducting all relevant searches
- Liaising with your Agent, Bank and the Seller’s Solicitor to facilitate settlement
- Calculating all settlement adjustments
- Keeping you informed throughout the duration of your purchase
What’s not to love about a dedicated team and a strategy best suited to you and your property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Conveyancing is the process of transferring the ownership of the legal title of land (or property) from one person to the other.
A typical conveyancing transaction consists of three stages:
- before contract
- before completion
- after completion
As conveyancing is the transfer the ownership of the legal title of land (or property), transfer duty will apply.
In Queensland, transfer duty on land (or property) is usually calculated on either the unencumbered value of the property or the amount you agree to pay (the consideration), whichever is higher. The higher amount is called the ‘dutiable value’.
This means that transfer duty can apply even when no money is paid or the transfer is a gift. Read the public ruling about when valuations are needed for transactions with no consideration (DA505.1). The rates of duty apply to the dutiable value of the property to determine how much you have to pay. Concessions and exemptions may apply to a dutiable transaction, so you may have less or no duty to pay if you’re eligible.
A cooling-off period is a set number of days after you make a purchase in which you can say, “Thanks, but no thanks. I want to cancel my transaction.” If you take the option to cancel your legal agreement, you may have to pay the seller a termination fee, but in some circumstances, it can be worth paying the price.
The cooling-off period is not available everywhere or under every circumstance. In Queensland, you have five business days to back out of a contract you have already signed. You will have to pay the seller a termination fee of 0.25 per cent of the purchase price.
There is no cooling-off period for properties purchased at auction and you can elect to waive your right to a cooling-off period.
For the buyer – Coronis Conveyancing will:
- Prepare, clarify and lodge legal documents – e.g. contract of sale, memorandum of transfer
- Research the property and its certificate of title – check for easements, type of title and any other information that needs addressing
- Put the deposit money in a trust account
- Calculate the adjustment of rates and taxes
- Settle the property – act on your behalf, advise you when the property is settled, contact your bank or financial institution on when final payments are being made
- Represent your interest with a vendor or their agent
For the seller – Coronis Conveyancing will:
- Complete and ensure the legal documents are all sorted
- Represent you and respond to requests from the buyer – for example, request to extend dates, title questions, etc.
Coronis Conveyancing’s promise to you is to understand your needs and aspirations. Our conveyancing solicitors will keep you informed throughout each critical stage of the process (deposit, finance, inspections and settlement) and guarantee a high service level
Yes, they can. Our conveyancing solicitors can and will handle all possible scenarios that occur during the buying process. Whether it be with the seller, real estate agent, bank, broker or a third party settlement agent, we’ve got you covered and will ensure your settlement is completed on time.
If our conveyancing solicitors do encounter a legal problem, we promise you will be notified and communicated with every step of the way until your assigned conveyancing solicitor is confident the problem is resolved.
Ready to get started?
Whether you’re buying, selling or even still browsing, our dedicated team of solicitors and conveyancers are waiting to help. Get in touch now for an obligation free quote.